Crownpoint, NM

Crownpoint, NM

Thursday, October 2, 2014

Busy Times

Friends and family, we have been busy these last few weeks.  And when I say busy, let’s not equate it to the business in the northeast with the hussle and bussle always surrounding.  We have had two football games since I last wrote and a visit from my parents.  We also got to hang out with some people in the teacheridge.

Let’s start with what is most important.  We won BOTH football games!! One was a hot Saturday afternoon game and the other a bright lights Friday night game where the whole town came out to support.  We won 56-6 the first game and 12-8 the second.  We couldn’t be more excited.  David was so proud of his guys.  Of course he took no credit as the coach and kept saying they won, but I know he plays a huge role in motivating the team.  What was most impressive was that in the second game against Dulce, Crownpoint came back to win after being down 8-0 for the entire first half.  It’s not often these guys come back to win so David was especially proud of them for continuing to fight and get the win.

The guys celebrating after their win and the community watching.

My parents were in just this past weekend so they were here to see the big win.  Mom and I took a great hike up to the teepees on a mesa nearby and then we all made a trip to Farmington.  We found a great little restaurant after some shopping at Target and Petco to get little Rusty (our furry cat friend) a few things.  It was the most enjoyable time having them here.  We were also able to do a little fall decorating and got the front porch looking great with some pumpkins, gourdes, and some nice fall flowers.  Mom also brought my favorite pumpkin spice flavored coffee from O’Henry’s and I have been enjoying that each morning.

Speaking of fall, our mornings have become freezing.  And when I say freezing, I mean in the literal sense.  The temperatures have ranged from 30-39 in the morning.  Thankfully by midday it’s already back to being warm and I can still run in shorts and a t-shirt to the post office.  Fall also brings the big Balloon Fiesta in Albuquerque which we are looking forward to experiencing.  It’s a big hot air balloon festival and gets rave reviews around here so it should be a blast to see, and to get to the real big city of Albuquerque and see our dear friend Sue.

I also have an upcoming trip to PA for a brief stint for work.  David is looking forward to some time to himself since as you all know, it’s just the two of us now.  With me working from home, as David says, I’m always here.  I am thoroughly looking forward to seeing some dear friends and connecting with family.  The fall like weather does little to the landscape here in New Mexico so I look forward to enjoying some beautiful fall foliage while I’m back in PA.

On a bit deeper note, adjusting to yet another new life in a new environment is difficult as many could likely attest to.  It's been hard for me working from home when I so desperately long to plug into the community.  We have met a number of people at church who have welcomed us kindly but nothing has really grown from that just yet.  Relationships take time anywhere you go so we're continuing to plug away and connect with people when and where we are able.  David is able to work with the kids in class and on the field and he is making a difference already; I can see it.  It's a different journey for me this time, being a wife and not a single woman moving to another country to try to make a difference.  My calling here is a little difference and as of now, I see it as being here to support David.  I am continuing to pray through my calling here, the vision the Lord has for me while I'm here and would love for you to join me in that prayer.  Please pray for my vision to be made clear and for David and me to continue to grow in our marriage and reliance on the Lord.

- Anne

No comments:

Post a Comment